We are working with the Safer Oxfordshire Partnership to reduce serious violence across Oxford City, Cherwell, West Oxfordshire, South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse district council areas.
The Safer Oxfordshire Partnership provides strategic oversight and direction for preventing crime and anti-social behaviour across Oxfordshire.
The partnership supports collaboration on shared community safety priorities across the four district-led Community Safety Partnerships. It acts as the single point of contact for the office of the police and crime commissioner.
Safer Oxfordshire consists of:
- an elected member-led oversight committee, which includes elected members and officers from Oxfordshire’s six local authorities (Oxfordshire County Council and five district councils)
- an officer-led co-ordination group, which delivers the statutory community safety requirements at the county-wide level
For further information on the way the Safer Oxfordshire Partnership operates, visit their website.
The district Community Safety Partnerships, develop strategic plans for their respective areas. They ensure delivery of district community safety priorities and work collectively with partners on countywide priorities through the Safer Oxfordshire Partnership.
Further information about the four district Community Safety Partnerships can be found on their websites:
- South and Vale Community Safety Partnership
- West Oxfordshire Community Safety Partnership
- Cherwell Community Safety Partnership
- Oxford City Community Safety Partnership
In addition, they are represented at both the Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit Strategy Board and Operational Board and are a core member of the wider violence reduction partnership. Through this, the VRU can support and coordinate violence reduction activity being delivered by partners in Oxfordshire and across the Thames Valley.